Latest News

Ads

Monday 20 February 2017

Denrele Edun Will Replace D'Banj As A Co-Host On 'Lip Sync Battle Africa'

MTV Base just revealed their hit show, Lip Sync Battle Africa, will be returning in a few months for a second season – and while Quantico actress, Pearl Thusi, will be reprising her role as co-host, D'Banj will not. Renowned TV presenter, Denrele Edun, will be replacing D'Banj as the show's second host.

Just last year, Denrele was a contestant on the pilot episode of the show, where he battled fellow TV personality, Ebuka, but narrowly lost out despite energetic performances of Yemi Alade's “Johnny” and Jamiroquai’s, “Virtual Insanity”.

Speaking about the new co-hosting gig, an excited Denrele said:

“Co-hosting Lip Sync Battle Africa is truly the answer to a prayer I never made! The universe truly opened a door, and I’m gonna make sure I jump right inside and DO IT!

It’s quite surreal – I was a contestant in Series 1 who flew in last minute and ‘spiritually’ won his LSB challenge, and now I’ve been elevated to co-host! Try not to watch me, I dare you!”
The second season of Lip Sync Battle Africa is set to return on April 22 and will see well-known personalities from across Africa letting loose as they lip sync to well-known songs in a bid to win the famous Lip Sync Battle belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post